Wednesday, July 22, 2009

We need to talk

Weight: 268.2
BMI: 46.03

Okay, scale, you don't like me and I don't like you, but this is really getting ridiculous. Three straight days of gains. Three days of below 1300 calories. THREE DAYS OF GAINS. 1.4 pounds up. What are you trying to do to me?



And so the battle continues.

I won't give in. I'm going to stick to the diet. I'm going to lose the weight. You're going to lose this one, scale. Three days of taunting won't be enough to make me give up. And guess what, sucker? Four days won't either. Just try it. (Okay, I'm sorry I said it. Don't try it! Please!)


I won't lie. My spirit feels broken right now. I'm not going to eat away my problems or go off course, but I don't feel motivated like I used to.

3 comments:

  1. You may want to stop weighing every day! For some people weighing every day can be motivating, but for other people, it can be depressing to see the day to day fluctuations that naturally occur.

    And that's probably what you are seeing - natural fluctuations. Remember, there is so much more happening in your body from a health standpoint than just a number on the scale.

    As long as you are eating enough healthy food and exercising, the number on the scale will start moving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I'm a daily weigher and my weight fluctuates a lot during the week. If it's breaking your spirit, though, maybe you should give up daily weighing for awhile.

    Just read Diane's comment...everything she said, ditto that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I weigh every day too and find it to be encouraging. Just remember on those days that you do gain, that you've been a lot lower before! Your weight will fluctuate day to day, so no worries! You're doing just fine.

    ReplyDelete